Wednesday 31 May 2017

Me Made May

This is the third year in a row I have taken part in 'Me-Made-May'.  

Me-Made-May runs for the whole of the month of May and is a challenge designed to encourage people who sew, knit, crochet or refashion garments for themselves, to wear and love them more.  It's also an opportunity to discuss fast fashion, handmade and slow stitch.....especially when someone comments "Where did you get that dress?"  (I'm sure it was well meant.....I think).

You can read more about the challenge over on So, Zo...What do you know?

This year I'm really happy to report that I managed to wear something handmade every single day of May. Some days I had to resort to handmade leggings though as I had run out of clothes and my brooches had been 'done to death'.  Thankfully I wasn't ever asked to show off my leggings.

Here's my latest 'make'.  Another Esme tunic from Lotta Jansdotter's Everyday Style.  I really love her style.  

I think my hair is even starting to look like hers.  

Sorry Lotta.  


This dress is a touch short but that was intentional so that I can wear it over jeans for the Winter.

The fabric is linen from Spotlight.  I just love linen but there wasn't a lot to choose from when I bought this. Only about three plains and this print in either cream or navy.  I thought this was so gorgeous on the roll and couldn't wait to make it up, but now I get the feeling that it's slightly reminiscent of a 1970's sofa.  

I'm really giving the von Trapp family a run for their money now, after one of my other dresses was inadvertently made from curtain fabric.


I honestly don't know how people stand in front of a self timer and look normal.  I've tried to take my lead from other blogs I follow where the girls look so natural, carefree and happy.  Here I am, finally happy (sort of) with my plastic smile......but check out the feet!


Plus I look like I'm hiding a couple of wads of $50 notes in my pockets.  Ha ha....I wish.  

That'd make me happy wouldn't it?!




7 comments :

Home Is My Haven said...

I hadn't noticed your feet until you pointed it out 🙂.
Well done on wearing something handmade every day of May.
Kylie

Fran Ponta said...

Thanks so much Kylie. I'm gaining momentum each year!

Nanna Chel said...

I hadn't noticed your feet either, Fran. When I read your last comment in your post I laughed out loud so my son came over to see what was so funny. You have such a sense of humour :-) By the way I love your outfit.

DbrhH. said...

Fran still loving that fabric, curtain or not. This is the first time I have heard of memademay, next year,I'll be there. Must of been hiding under a rock.

Fran Ponta said...

Thank you Deb and Chel. Me-Made-May is a great way to support Indie designers and a good excuse to buy just one more length of fabric!

Nil @ The Little House by the Lake said...

I love the fabric. And the dress is beautiful and looks so comfortable to wear.

Fran Ponta said...

Thank you Nil. I've worn it quite a few times already. I really love the Esme pattern and I'm sure there'll be more of these in my future!